Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Told you so

Too cute:

We Tortured and We'd Do It Again

President Bush would authorize waterboarding future terrorism suspects if certain criteria are met, White House spokesman Tony Fratto said this morning, one day after the director of the CIA for the first time publicly acknowledged his agency's use of the tactic, which generally involves strapping a prisoner to a board, covering his face or mouth with a cloth, and pouring water over his face to create the sensation of drowning.

Olivier Knox writes for AFP: "The United States may use waterboarding to question terrorism suspects in the future, the White House said Wednesday, rejecting the widely held belief that the practice amounts to torture.

"'It will depend upon circumstances,' spokesman Tony Fratto said, adding 'the belief that an attack might be imminent, that could be a circumstance that you would definitely want to consider.



I want to offer up some slightly tweaked song lyrics for that lovely tune Do It Again:

You really shouldn't have done it,
You hadn't any right.
I really shouldn't have let you [strap people down and slowly drown them].
And although it was wrong,
I never was strong.
So as long as you've begun it,
And you know you shouldn't have done it,

Oh, do it again.
I may cry no, no, no, no, no, but do it again.
My lips just ache to have you take
The [drenched, dripping cloth] that's [completely acceptable] for you.
You know if you do, you won't regret it.
Come and get it.

Oh, no one is near,
I may cry oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, but no one can hear.
Mama may scold me cause she told me
It was naughty but then, please, do it again.
Yes do it again, and again and again and again and again.

Turn out the light.
And [tie] me [down on the board] in your arms
All through the night.
I know tomorrow morning
You [might, if I'm lucky] say goodbye and amen.
[Please stop, but because I can't speak, you'll just think:]
But until then, please do it again.

No comments: