Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Depressed much?

WOW

Sorry for that last post/sorry for my horrible weekend. No more pot for a while, hmm?


Macbeth
April 25 and 26
"Things at the worst will cease, or else climb upward to what they were before. "


--------------

This interests me. I feel it, even as I've been all for my Hill-dog.


This interests me: Anti-intellectualism (the attitude that “too much learning can be a dangerous thing”) and anti-rationalism (“the idea that there is no such things as evidence or fact, just opinion”) have fused in a particularly insidious way. Not only are citizens ignorant about essential scientific, civic and cultural knowledge, she said, but they also don’t think it matters. She pointed to a 2006 National Geographic poll that found nearly half of 18- to 24-year-olds don’t think it is necessary or important to know where countries in the news are located. So more than three years into the Iraq war, only 23 percent of those with some college could locate Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Israel on a map. (Not mine -- part of nytimes article. Why don't my links light up or something?)

No comments: