Monday, August 27, 2007

Amazing un/mis-remembered thoughts

Had some very potent notions bubbling in the head this weekend, but I now can't remember any of them, except that certains of them were explosive. I need to keep a pad and paper around all the time, but most especially when I'm high.

I may be working on an outdoor production of Macbeth with the Red Door Theatre in Queens. In October. It sounds cool, however, it is a 7 person "adaptation." I'm fine with doing it with 7 people, but let's not cut anything and see what happens, hmm? Also, though how unlikely it would be to get a the derangement/ouragan show up this fall now, it would have to be in October to do it in Lasker Pool, at least. It opens as a skating rink in November. So those would coincide/conflict. I suppose if I had a tad more ambition and got my shit in order this wouldn't be a choice.

Somewhere recently I read (probably on someone else's blog) that Richard Eyre, who directs often at the National Theatre in London and made that lovely film Notes on a Scandal (ha!) plus the genuinely lovely Stage Beauty, once asked Sir Peter Hall if he could assist him. And Sir Peter told him to be no one's assistant, or you end up a repetitor. I don't know if that's necessarily my case, as I'm extremely overconfident and hypercritical 89% of the time, but I suppose it would be different working with someone on Sir Peter's level, versus an outdoor Macbeth in Queens directed by "Who?"

I'm all moved which is exciting and fun. Must indulge in the TV and then stop it stop it stop it.

Can't wait for a coast-of-Massachusetts holiday this weekend.

Hitting major job fatigue and want to move on to something else. I have 15 weeks left here! (Including this one). Plus, is there ever real money in my life? You know the answer, I'm sure, dear reader. I can't keep spending time with new-to-the-city friends b/c the money just evaporates in their still-honeymoon/vacation phase. Argh! But: I think I will start saving up each week to do brunch, b/c that's amazing to my soul.

Watched What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? It was almost worth it for those last fifteen minutes. Almost. Mostly it just made me want to watch Sunset Boulevard.

No comments: